T: +234 703 3740 393
E: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael is a Commercial lawyer of over 8years post qualification experience in dispute resolution and transaction advisory service. He is the Managing Associate of Messrs Karina Tunyan SAN & Co , the pioneer Law firm in FCT, Abuja.
Michael Heads the Corporate Commercial Practice group of the Firm. He has tried and tested High Profile Cases at all levels of court in Nigeria and has appeared as counsel in Numerous Local and International Arbitration. He has a bias in the area of Intellectual Properties Law and Private International Law.
He obtained his LL.B (Hons) from Delta State University and an LL.M from Queenmary University of London. He is Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators UK, A member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, Member of the British Institute of International Comparative Studies, A member of the School of International Arbitration, London.
- Michael successfully advised the Bensam Maritime Oil & Gas in their recent $108Million acquisition of various vessel and dredgers with IHC international Rottterdam Netherland.
- Presently litigating MV SUN ESSEX v BENSAM MARITIME OIL & GAS at the Court of Appeal Lagos Division.
- Presently litigating an 8Billion Naira Forfeiture proceedings brought by Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission against two Nigerian Indigenous Companies.
- Successfully defended the Federal Capital Territory Administration in a $500Million claim brought by BPS Engineering at the Supreme Court in January, 2017.
- Presently litigating at the Supreme Court of Nigeria a Variation Contract for commission for $200Million with respect of first telecoms licence in Nigeria. Atlantic Network V Abawa Nigeria Ltd.
- Present litigating the Constitutionality of the tenement rates levied by the Local Governments in FCT.
- Advising First Bank Nigeria Ltd on various banking transactions.